This week, five francophone public radio journalists (one Belgian, one Canadian, one Swiss and two French) are evaluating new media. Isolated in a cabin in a rural region of France, they have vowed to consult only Twitter and Facebook the entire week. The point of the exercise is to evaluate how well these two media reflect what is actually going on in the world. The journalists are reporting back to the five participating radio stations throughout the week and are keeping a blog.
The journalists involved are :
- Benjamin MULLER (France Info);
- Nour-Eddine ZIDANE (France Inter);
- Janic TREMBLAY (Première Chaîne de Radio-Canada);
- Anne-Paule MARTIN (RSR – La 1ère);
- Nicolas WILLEMS (La Première-RTBF).
More information (in French) about the experiment and the schedule of their radio appearances throughout the week can be found on the Radio Francophone site.